A little idea to a really big deal




So as we all know from facebook, blogs, babycenter. The Spina Bifida Awareness Shirts are a hit. A much bigger hit than I ever even imagined. As of right now we are already over 200 shirts!! I stay awake at night now imagining angry customers who got the wrong sizes, boxes surronding me and none of the shirts fitting in them!! Its great! I had no idea how out of hand this was going to get. Not to mention people seeing the necklaces and bracelets and ordering them. Its fantastic, but slightly overwhelming!




I love what Karen over at Carson's Corner said about spina bifida awareness


I also wanted to mention that October is spina bifida awareness month. Spina Bifida is something that we have learned about through experience. However, I feel that people need to know what it is through influence as well. I think about all the precious babies who are not given the chance to life because there is a lack of proper information or a lack of proper counsel. How sad it is that spina bifida is considered a severe disabling birth defect that effects the child's quality of life. Even worse is that many women are counseled by doctors that the very best thing they can do is choose abortion. We must do our part to spread awareness, and change the opinion of what spina bifida is. Look how cute and happy and amazing a child with spina bifida can be. Look at the quality of life they themselves have and the blessing that they are to those around them. They are so strong, and teach us so many things about life and love.A small way that you can help is by purchasing a Spina Bifida awareness t-shirt. The cost is only $13 and you can "wear your awareness". Perhaps you will meet someone and be able to share the testimony and blessing of the one who you love with spina bifida.Please go to http://urbanupcycling.blogspot.com/2010/10/redefine-spina-bifidia.html and place your order today. They will only be available till October 12.




What a great reason!! I love it!




Anyway, I've never been so excited about a shirt in all my life. But I really am. Leigh Gibbs husband, Andy did such a fanstic job of capturing how we all feel about Spina Bifida. It's such an amazingly honest design.




So anyway, this has been my life since this past wednesday and will probably continue to be until this next wednesday.


Comments

Leigh and Andy said…
I honestly cannot believe how big this has gotten. I get overwhelmed at the thought of people from ALL OVER wearing this shirt...all in support of our kids. Literally crying just thinking about it. Love you for having this "little idea" :)
Scasmflops said…
I am so excited about these shirts!!! I haven't ordered yet because LOL I am figuring out how many I will need... I am giving some out for Christmas. I am so excited to wear it and am praying that I really do get asked and that I can share our testimony. Thank you so much for this "little" idea that I know will produce some big results. Cannot wait to see the adorable pics of our kiddos in their shirts. :) Love you friend.

Popular posts from this blog

Wanting you to see both sides of the coin

a moment of triumph

Hello Selina