Who's story is it anyway?

You might have noticed that my page has changed. This blog used to be called "raising toby." My Facebook page used to be called, "Pray for Toby." And now all that has changed.

You see as Toby grows I start to lose some of what I felt was my story to share. As Toby gets older my voice that has told the story becomes his voice that tells the story. It's no longer my story to share.

I am part of the first generation of "blogging parents."  I'm still figuring this whole thing out in the age of social media galore and ways to pour your heart out and honestly I haven't figured it out yet. I don't want to look back in 10 years and have to apologize for what I put up. So what I'm doing is leaning towards caution. Leaning towards quiet and leaning towards respect.

One day Toby will be preteen Toby. One day Toby will be teen Toby and one day Toby will be man Toby. Will all those Tobys want me sharing his story for all to see? I don't know the answer to that.

But I'll lean towards caution, I'll lean towards quiet and I'll lean towards respect.

It took me longer to change the Facebook page because I desperately wanted everyone to keep praying for him. I wanted people who I know care so much about him to know what is going on and what we are facing. So "Pray for Toby" still seemed appropriate.

However the last couple times he's gone by and the screen has been up I've wanted to shut the screen, face it another way and hide the page. I didn't want him to see it because I wasn't sure what he would think of  it.

And that was the lightbulb moment for me.

It was time.

Baby Toby has turned to kid Toby and kid Toby just wants to be KID TOBY not "Pray for Toby."

I still have a story to share. I still have things to tell you and I still desperately want you to Pray for Toby still and pray for our family and pray for Wren too. But Toby's voice just got a little louder and mine got a little more quiet because it's his story to share and not mine.

So I hope you will still stick around and I will keep you updated on basic things with him but Ill keep you updated on all things in our little family...okay big family.  Cause I still have lots of story to share.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanting you to see both sides of the coin

a moment of triumph

Hello Selina