Finnick Odair in a wheelchair!

Its been a while since I've written because, well, who has time for that anymore.

But then this showed up in my insta feed. And I was like...."WHAAAAAAT!??? Finnick Odair in a wheelchair!??? This might be the best movie yet. I watched the trailer and thought. "AMAZE! What is this beautiful story about.?"

And then I googled.

CURSE YOU GOOGLE.
I went ahead and read the whole premise. Spoiler and all.
If you haven't read the book and don't want it spoiled go ahead and stop reading.

Ive had friends ask me to go see the movie with them...because....well....Finnick. And honestly if I hadn't googled I would have been perfectly happy to see it.

But I did.

And honestly, I truly try not to be offended by everything wheelchair related and such. I try not to be hyper sensitive and over zealous and post all the posts and stuff. But tonight I read an article that perfectly explained all my thoughts after I read what I did.

When I first sat there excitedly reading what this story was about and then my excitement turned to horror and my heart was literally pounding in my chest by the end of it I almost felt like an idiot. I had tears in my eyes, my hands were a little shaky and I genuinely just felt upset. When you have such strong feelings and you are completely by yourself and you've read something that is supposed to be happy and exciting (the way the person wrote about the movie) it can make you feel like you are on the edge of crazy.

I've got some pretty strong opinions on the book and movie...none of which are good ones.

And Ill admit I didn't read it. I don't plan on seeing it and I don't plan on having a second opinion on it.
The whole idea was enough for me. The whole idea of the book made me want to vomit my fruity pebbles.

https://crippledscholar.wordpress.com/2016/05/21/why-are-you-complaining-some-people-actually-feel-that-way-a-critique-of-me-before-you/

Here's the link to the blog I read tonight. I'll warn you its long. But if you've taken the time to read the book I'd ask that you take the time to read this.

If you take the time to go see the movie, take the 10 minutes it might take to read this.

Maybe you might be annoyed with me for having strong feelings about this, maybe you might just roll your eyes.  Or maybe you might just put yourself in our shoes.

And BTW. I'm totally okay with agreeing to disagree....It's what we do sometimes.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanting you to see both sides of the coin

a moment of triumph

Toby Walking